COVID-19 Safety Measures
CSN Libraries is open (see our current hours). We are excited to see everyone in the libraries again, but we have changed some of our usual practices to keep our spaces safe for everyone.
As you start enjoying the libraries again, please:
- Use the online library services where possible. To ensure we are meeting social distancing requirements, we will be limiting the number of people in the libraries.
- Wear a mask and stay 6 feet away from staff and other library users at all times. Masks are required both indoors and outdoors on campus.
- Enjoy your food outside the library spaces. To ensure you can wear your mask at all times in the library, only drinks are allowed in the libraries.
- Leave all furniture in place and do not use computers that have been blocked off. We have configured the space for social distancing and keeping chairs and computers where they are will ensure we are properly spaced.
- Practice good hygiene and wash or sanitize your hands often. We will have hand sanitizing stations throughout the library.
- Observe all posted signage. We will be restricting study tables to one person per table and study rooms will not be available during this time to ensure social distancing.
- Do not come to the library if you feel sick, have a fever, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
Circulation (Loaned Items)
CSN students, faculty, and staff can borrow books and other library items from CSN Libraries. If you need an item, but cannot come into the library please contact us through our Ask a Librarian.
If you have items that you have borrowed from one of the campus libraries, you can return them to the library or the outdoor library book drops. Bring electronic items, like calculators, laptops, and DVDs into the library to prevent damage.
For the health and safety of the campus community, materials returned to CSN Libraries will be quarantined for 72 hours before they will be available for use.
If you are unsure when your materials are due, you can log on to your library account on our website or call any Circulation Desk to check specific due dates. Please contact the library if you have any questions or concerns about returning your items by those dates.
Reference & Research Assistance
Librarians are available to provide help with completing assignments and research. We have extended our Ask A Librarian hours and added integrated video conferencing in our chat, texting and emailing options. We also have a new way to schedule one-on-one meetings with a librarian online.
In addition to our virtual services, librarians will be available to provide help with completing assignments and research. If you do not see a librarian at the reference desk, please ask library staff at the Circulation Desk and let them know you need assistance.
Library instruction has been moved online. Librarians have many options to help students complete assignments and meet the learning outcomes for their courses in the online environment. Please submit an online instruction request to schedule a library session for your class.
Please contact Becky Blunk at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about online instruction.
InterLibrary Loan (ILL)
CSN Interlibrary Loan has resumed accepting requests for physical items. Please keep in mind:
- There will be delays in the fulfillment of ILL requests for physical items due to limited availability of lending institutions.
- Articles and scanned chapter requests continue to be readily available without significant delays.
- Use our new online system for ILL questions or to place online requests.
If the COVID-19 conditions change at CSN or in Southern Nevada, one or more of the campus libraries may have to close again during the semester. We will post any changes to our schedule on our website.