Library Use Policies
Our CSN Libraries are open for the Spring semester. We are excited to see everyone in the libraries again, but we have changed some of our usual practices to keep our spaces safe for everyone.
As you start enjoying the libraries again, please:
- Use the online library services where possible. To ensure we are meeting social distancing requirements, we will be limiting the number of people in the libraries.
- Wear a mask and stay 6 feet away from staff and other library users at all times.
- Enjoy your food outside the library spaces. To ensure you can wear your mask at all times in the library, only drinks are allowed in the libraries.
- Leave all furniture in place and do not use computers that have been blocked off. We have configured the space for social distancing and keeping chairs and computers where they are will ensure we are properly spaced.
- Practice good hygiene and wash or sanitize your hands often. We will have hand sanitizing stations throughout the library.
- Observe all posted signage. We will be restricting study tables to one person per table and study rooms will not be available during this time to ensure social distancing.
- Do not come to the library if you feel sick, have a fever, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
Library computers are available on a first-come, first-serve basis to current CSN students, faculty, and staff. Due to the limited number of computers, priority is given to those people using them for academic work. Individuals using library computers for personal or recreational purposes may be asked to give up their workstations if a computer is needed for an academic purpose.
Food and Beverages
CSN Libraries food and drink policy is an effort to achieve a balance between the comfort and convenience of our users and the need to ensure the long life and value of our collections, equipment, and furnishings.
While masks are required to be worn on campus, only drinks are allowed in the library (no food). Please ask a staff member for places on campus you can go to enjoy your food outside of the library.
Users are expected to be responsible and adopt the “leave no trace” philosophy in their use of food and drink in the library by properly disposing of all trash, removing any traces of food and drink, and cleaning all surfaces.
The user’s library card will be charged a minimum $5.00 clean up fee for any mess left behind. All food-related garbage should be disposed of in the trash cans outside the library. Surfaces should be free of any traces of food or drink. Wipes are available at the service desks.
Library users in all areas of the library, except group study rooms, are expected to keep noise and conversation to a minimum and set cell phones on vibrate.
Quiet Study and Group Study zones are posted throughout the library. A certain amount of noise is to be expected in areas of the library where staff are helping library users.
Study rooms are currently closed. Please ask library staff if you need assistance finding a place to study.